Google Maps now offers a dark mode option for iOS users. The dark mode is a feature that can make any text lighter, and the entire interface looks dark.
As of iOS 15, users can choose to use dark mode in Google Maps. This section will teach you how to turn on dark mode and access the controls to tweak the app’s appearance. This is especially useful when it’s nighttime, or you’re using an iPhone on a bright day. You don’t have to go through the effort of downloading an app or switching your device to dark mode to benefit from this function. You just have to learn a few simple steps to get started with the dark mode option.
You can also find out how to set your browser’s default settings for dark mode in your Google maps app. In your Google Maps app, you can also learn how to set your browser’s default settings for dark mode.
Let’s Get Started!
- You will need to have a Google Maps application on your device.
- If you don’t have it, you can download it from the App Store by searching for “Google Maps”.
- Once you have Google Maps, you can add the ‘Maps’ app to your home screen by swiping down from the top of your screen, and selecting the ‘Add to Home Screen’ option.
- Then, tap the little hamburger menu in the top-right corner of the Google Maps app to access the settings.
- Tap ‘General’, and then ‘Appearance.’ If you do not already have access to dark mode, select ‘Light’ from the ‘Theme’ drop-down menu.
- This will turn on the dark mode, and a button will show up to enable you to access the settings.
- You can also use the ‘Dark’ option if you want to turn dark mode on. Finally, tap ‘Save’. The next time you start your Google Maps app, you will have the dark mode enabled.
- If you want to turn it off, just repeat all these steps.
This is how you can enable dark mode for Google Maps on iOS.